If you’re like me you were excited to hear that U2 had injected its new album into your iTunes, gratis.
If you’re even more like me, you spent the better part of the last day or so trying to find the damn thing to download it.
If you’re completely like me, you’ve been successful in your quest. Stop reading.
If not, here’s how to get it on your hard drive:
1. Open iTunes.
2. Go to the iTunes store, as though you were going to buy something.
3. The new album, Songs of Innocence, is one of the rotating sliders at the top (if it’s not anymore, search for it).
4. Once you’re looking at the album, scroll to the bottom.
5. Look at the tiny, bottom-of-page links. Where you’d look for an “unsubscribe” link. There’s one labeled “Purchased.” Click on it.
6. You should now be looking at the album art for the new U2 record. In the upper right-hand corner there’s a tiny cloud with a down arrow. Click that.
All of this goes away on October 13. Get going, it’s a great record.