Quiet Family Camping

image

Bull.

There’s nothing quiet about families. “Quiet family camping” refers, mostly, to the only area of camping that doesn’t have a sound system pointed at it. Which is good, because the noise from the stage would only add to the din of parents loudly disciplining their children while their children equally loudly ignore them.

But it’s a blessed racket. We’re safely into day two. The youth effort here is haphazardly rattling along; 60% of the youth volunteers were no shows, but the remaining 40% are enthusiastic and wonderfully flexible. One of them, Ana, came all the way from the Dominican Republic ALONE to be here.

Overall the spirit of those present seems to be easily overriding any of the usual first-year missteps. And I only heard “lost child” once on my radio yesterday.

More to come; off to find a charger.

Peace,
K