You do not have to be around youth ministry very long before realizing that youth deal with all kinds of hurt. It might be from family dynamics, cultural pressures, bumps along the road to self-discovery, and/or friends hurting friends. Not to mention a soul that is hurt trying to make sense of the faith they are trying so hard to discover.
It is a good idea to periodically offer sacred spaces for healing of the youth group. This is a simple youth healing service to help you give such a space.
A Sacred Space for Healing
Instructions are simple here
- Get some anointed oil for healing (ask the pastor about that)
- Have a few candles & a circular seated setting to help change the environment dynamics
- For you, have a little homily on healing to share, not a sermon, short / sweet & to the point
- Think about how you want to give instructions on anointing each other with the oil. This has the youth anointing each other. You can go around a circle or have youth move from one person to another.
- Then just give copies of the order of worship to youth & assign a few scripture readers and you are ready.
From there just let what happens happen.